We are now accepting applications for the 2013 CSA season!
As a member of the West Philly Foods CSA Program, you will receive a weekly box packed with fresh fruits and vegetables from May through October. What makes West Philly Foods unique? We source all of our produce from Philadelphia-based urban and rural farms. In doing this, we are actively supporting a growing network of young farmers in our region.
A complete local food system should be supported from farmer to food entrepreneur. Beyond supporting our urban and rural farms, West Philly Foods offers a unique array of value-added options, in addition to your fruit and vegetable share. Many of these entrepreneurs are producing their products in the newly opened Dorrance H. Hamilton Center for Culinary Enterprises, a project of The Enterprise Center CDC. Our expanding list of value-added options for 2013 include:
- Seasonal Pies
- Fresh Bread
- Flower Bouquets
- Local Beer, and more!
Pick-Up Your Share at Accessible Locations:
As a member, your options for pick-up locations are as follows:
- Walnut Hill Community Farm (46th and Market), Thursdays from 4-7 PM
- Milk and Honey Market (45th and Baltimore Ave.), Thursdays from 4-7 PM
- Tired Hands Brewing Co. (Ardmore, PA), Thursdays from 4-7 PM
- Renewal Church (47th and Cedar Ave.), Thursdays from 5-7 PM
- Saint Joseph's University (on campus location), Thursdays from 3:30-6:30 PM
- Pie Pickup Location: Urban Jungle (1526 E. Passyunk Ave.), Thursdays from 4-7 PM
CSA Share Price Information:
|Full Fruit & Veg Share*||Avg. 10 lbs. of produce. Great for 3-4 people.||1x/week||$600|
|Half Fruit & Veg Share||Avg. 5lbs. of produce. Great for 1-2 people.||1x/week||$325|
|Jam Share||Rotating flavor varieties||1x/month||$35|
|Full Pie Share||Rotating savory & sweet 9" pies||Bi-weekly||$180|
|Half Pie Share||Choice between savory or sweet 9" pies||1x/month||$115|
|Bread Share||Rotating variety of fresh baked bread||Bi-weekly||$60|
|Baked Goods Share||Rotating variety of fresh baked treats!||Bi-weekly||$60|
|Pesto Share||Made with basil from our local farms! (8 oz.)||Bi-weekly||$66|
|Flower Share||Beautiful bouquets of local flowers||1x/month||$100|
|Beer Share||A 6-pack of rotating varieties||1x/month||$60|
*CSA Down payment option: Value-added share costs must be paid on or by May 16th. A 50% down-payment option is available for Full Fruit & Veg shares: first payment of $300 due by May 16th and the remainder due by June 6th.
So, How Do I Become a Member?
Please click here to go to our Application Form on Farm to City.
A Share of the Harvest:
Our season will run from mid-May to mid-October for a total of 22 weeks. Your weekly share will consist of about 10 produce items each week:
- Start the spring in May with a bag of crisp spring lettuce mix, a bunch of brilliant radishes, zesty scallions, peas, collards, a head of broccoli, sweet spinach, beautiful rainbow chard, and turnips.
- As the summer heats up in July, enjoy fragrant herbs, a green bunch of tasty carrots, a pint of crunchy beans, sweet peaches, a pint of juicy berries, cool cucumbers, a pint of cherry tomatoes, and a variety of squash and zucchini.
- As the weather turns cold in September, cooler nights ripen vitamin-packed kale, collards, crisp apples, peppers, brussel sprouts, and an abundance of root vegetables such as a bunch of beets, parsnips, carrots, and turnips.
CLICK HERE for more information on our growing list of value-added share options as well!