Welcome to the West Philly Foods CSA 2015 season! In the cold weather, we work hard to plan out a program to deliver you the freshest, local-grown fruits & vegetables (as well as an exciting array of locally made value-added products!) for 21 weeks of the growing season.
Our 2015 CSA prices are updated! Check out our new and exciting products this season. We are looking forward to serving you and your family a season of fresh, locally-produced goods. Check out our CSA menu here.
EARLY SEASON PROMOTIONS:
Sign up for our FULL fruit & vegetable share before 4/1 and get a 5% discount (equal to 1 week free of charge)!
The first 10 members to sign up AND sign up a friend or family member will receive 1 delivery of any value-added share of your choice!
For information on becoming a member or partner, contact CSA Manager Allison Blansfield at 215-895-4050 or email@example.com.
The West Philly Foods CSA completed another successful growing and distribution season! The 2014 season, our largest yet, included:
- 160 CSA members
- 5 CSA pickup locations
- 3 urban farm contributors
- 26,000+ pounds of fresh, local produce distributed
- 8 value-added share options, including bacon, beer, bread, jam, and cheese.
The West Philly Foods CSA program is part of TEC-CDC’s larger goal of creating a complete local food system in West Philadelphia. The CSA supports:
- Local farmers – We purchase and aggregate produce from several local urban and rural farms on a weekly basis, supplementing production at our own urban farm in Walnut Hill.
- The Walnut Hill Community – We offer a portion of our shares at a subsidized rate to low-income community members in Walnut Hill, and we have revitalized a once-vacant neighborhood lot into a thriving community farm, park, and garden. In 2014, 30 families were able to purchase subsidized CSA boxes for a total of 23 weeks.
- Local food entrepreneurs – We partner with local food entrepreneurs, providing them with an opportunity to expand their customer base by selling “value-added” food products to CSA members.
- Local healthcare providers – We partner with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), who hosts a CSA pickup location for its employees and uses CSA shares as part of its youth-focused Healthy Weight Program. Additionally, West Philly Foods donates weekly unclaimed boxes to CHOP's Early Head Start Program, located at the Karabots Pediatric Care Center in West Philadelphia. In 2014, we donated over 2,000 pounds of produce!