2016 CSA enrollment period is now OPEN! Sign up by April 1 to receive our early bird 5% discount!
Welcome to the West Philly Foods CSA 2016 season! Spring has arrived and we are working hard to prepare for a season of fresh, locally-grown fruits & vegetables (as well as an exciting array of locally made value-added products!) delivered to you for 21 weeks of the growing season.
Our 2016 CSA prices are updated! Check out our new and exciting products this season. We are looking forward to serving you and your family a season of fresh, locally-produced goods. Check out our CSA menu here.
For information on becoming a member or partner, contact CSA Manager Carly Freedman at 215-895-4057 or email@example.com.
The West Philly Foods CSA completed another successful growing and distribution season! The 2015 season, included:
- 130 CSA members
- 4 CSA pickup locations
- 4 urban farm contributors
- 26,000+ pounds of fresh, local produce distributed
- 8 value-added share options, including bacon, beer, bread, jam, and cheese.
The West Philly Foods CSA program is part of TEC-CDC’s larger goal of creating a complete local food system in West Philadelphia. The CSA supports:
- Local farmers – We purchase and aggregate produce from several local urban and rural farms on a weekly basis, supplementing production at our own urban farm in Walnut Hill.
- Local food entrepreneurs – We partner with local food entrepreneurs, providing them with an opportunity to expand their customer base by selling “value-added” food products to CSA members.
- Local healthcare providers – We partner with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), who hosts a CSA pickup location for its employees and uses CSA shares as part of its youth-focused Healthy Weight Program. Additionally, West Philly Foods donates weekly unclaimed boxes to CHOP's Early Head Start Program, located at the Karabots Pediatric Care Center in West Philadelphia. In 2015, we donated over 2,000 pounds of produce!